Create a Circle of Generosity
You support your favorite causes, such as Centre College, because you are passionate about our mission. One way to spread your enthusiasm among others is to create a Giving Circle.
By creating a social event that celebrates generosity, you can learn about the different ways to make an impact on an organization like Centre College. Your group might want to make an annual contribution, but it's also a great way to talk about making more longer-term plans for support, such as through your will or living trust.
Here are some suggestions for getting started:
5 Steps to Building Your Giving Circle
- Recruit your team. Invite a group of like-minded people to a social event to form your own personal philanthropic committee.
- Choose your cause. Discuss with your group which organizations everyone is passionate about and choose one cause to support.
- Do some research. Find out the impact of your group's donation. People are more likely to give if they know what it will support.
- Collect and present your donations. Once you've pooled your donations, ask the organization if your group can donate in person. If not, find a way for your group to celebrate their generosity.
- Set an annual tradition. Make plans to meet again soon–even monthly–to keep the giving momentum going strong.
If you would like to learn more ways to support Centre College, contact Jamey Leahey '92 at (859) 238-5224 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to share ways you can support our mission this year and beyond.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.